TL;DR: We discuss the announcement of our autographed Folklore CD and merch of your choice giveaway, reminder of Swiftie Confessions, 2021 Grammy nominations, Taylor’s new documentary Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions, Folklore revisited, and our wild new theories.
Oh boy… did we have a lot to cover in this episode! There was no way we could ignore the Grammys, Taylor Swift’s six nominations, and The Weeknd’s majorly controversial snub. After ranting about how trash the Grammy voting committee is, the sheer disrespect to what we consider Taylor’s biggest competition for the award show, Justin Bieber’s pure ignorance and entitlement (read the room, Justin!), and our winner predictions — we discuss the next huge drop in the Taylor Swift community, her new documentary Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions on Disney+! Where does she find the time? We talk about the biggest revelations we learned from the movie (looking at you, “Mirrorball”), one of the host’s newfound… appreciation… for Jack Antonoff, and how the documentary overall changed how we feel about the album. We end this episode with an abridged, heavily edited down previously recorded episode where we revisit Folklore and the opinions you shared with us. Of course, this was recorded before her new documentary (a head’s up would’ve been nice, Taylor!), so we cut it down to just the important stuff, like Kressie’s new theory about “The 1,” and Ali’s realization of how Karlie Kloss could come into play. We wouldn’t be a true Taylor Swift podcast if we didn’t have at least a few episodes that become irrelevant days after recording!
About the giveaway
- To enter, write us an Apple Podcasts review and send a screenshot of it to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2020.
- You may also submit your Swiftie Confession in your email.
- The winner will receive an autographed Folklore CD as well as t-shirt of their choice from Taylor’s Folklore merch available on http://www.taylorswift.com.
- The winner will be announced in our 2021 kickoff episode.
About Swiftie Confessions
What’s on your mind, Taylor Swift fans? What are your unpopular opinions? What’s your favorite Taylor moment? What “Easter eggs” did you totally believe that never happened? Do you have any conspiracy theories? It can be positive, negative, something you need to get off your chest, whatever. We’ll choose our favorites and read them in our first episode of 2021. You may also enter in our giveaway by including a screenshot of your Apple Podcasts review in your email. Listen to our previous episode (15. Swiftie Confessions) for full details. Here are the rules:
- Nothing weird or sexual about Taylor. That means no speculating about her sex life, in any way. Please follow this rule out of respect for Taylor.
- Don’t call out certain Swifties. It’s okay if you want to rant about maybe a big fan account or have had some problems with Swifties, but do not specifically call them out, no names, usernames, nothing.
- Submit by Dec. 13 at the absolute latest. Email your Swiftie Confessions to email@example.com — you may also send an audio recording saved as an mp3 file. The earlier you send your confession, the more likely it is that we will include it.
Join the discussion! Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr at @gfaweekend, or our subreddit r/goodforaweekend. You can find more about this episode and its sources at our website, http://www.gfaweekend.com