In this special episode of Good for a Weekend, Kressie and Ali discuss all things Olivia Rodrigo and her record-breaking new album Sour. Kressie and Ali start with a breakdown of Olivia’s upbringing and career, including her acting career with Disney including Bizaardvark and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. They also discuss the pandemonium caused by Olivia’s unforgettable debut single, Driver’s License, including the two songs in response to Driver’s License, Sabrina Carpenter’s Skin and Joshua Bassett’s Lie, Lie, Lie. Following a discussion of Olivia’s career, Kressie takes Ali through a timeline of Olivia Rodrigo and Taylor Swift’s friendship and Olivia’s longtime appreciation of Taylor as a diehard Swiftie. Kressie and Ali end with their thoughts on the album Sour as a whole and a comparison of Olivia Rodrigo and Taylor Swift’s careers.
Follow our new TikTok! @GoodForAWeekendPodcast
Have any thoughts about this episode? Join the Good for a Weekend discussion!
You can learn more about this episode and any sources at our website, www.gfaweekend.com.
- General Timeline of Olivia and Taylor from Bustle: https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/taylor-swift-olivia-rodrigo-friendship-timeline
- The Note and Ring Taylor Sent Olivia: https://people.com/music/olivia-rodrigo-reveals-what-handwritten-letter-from-taylor-swift-said-really-sweet-and-personal/
- Olivia’s YouTube “Top 18 Songs for my 18th Birthday”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vioJwze-KQ&t=13s
- Olivia’s YouTube “Olivia Rodrigo – Get To Know Me”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh6xks7R1Ts
- NME Interview with Olivia: https://www.nme.com/big-reads/olivia-rodrigo-cover-interview-2021-sour-drivers-license-2940697
- @TaylorSwiftNZ on Twitter for General Updates: https://twitter.com/search?q=olivia%20(from%3Atswiftnz)&src=typed_query
- Olivia Rodrigo “Get to Know Me” Video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh6xks7R1Ts
- Sabrina Carpenter Skin Music Video:
- Olivia Rodrigo’s Driver’s License Music Video:
- Top 10 Things You Need to Know About Olivia Rodrigo:
- Wall Street Journal on Olivia Rodrigo