Kressie and Ali travel through time, recounting Taylor’s famous 4th of July parties over the years (2013, 2014, 2015, and of course, the infamous 2016). We share its humble beginnings at her Watch Hill, Rhode Island house and how things ended with a bang, literally–Kesha kicked over a drum set!
We end by speculating if Taylor will throw another one this year for Independence Day 2021, but we aren’t getting our hopes up! Tangents include Joe Jonas asking out a thirteen-year-old Gigi Hadid, what we would do if we were ever invited, and the logistics of it all–how much security was there? Was there catering–or all Taylor? How did Taylor fly everyone out? Uber Pool style, or one-by-one?
Join the Good for a Weekend discussion!
- Taylor’s blog post: http://blog.taylorswift.com/2013/07/05/
- Tom Hiddleston’s explanation of the I Heart TS tank top: https://people.com/style/tom-hiddleston-explains-taylor-swift-tank/
- Kesha’s podcast with St. Vincent: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1HKcAOfHuaqRfMXoycHq7Q?si=VpZLNnI4RsiR1yDVyivSYQ&utm_source=copy-link&nd=1
- Cara Delevingne on James Corden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2GuDlpolQ
- Later years:
- 2017 water slide spotted: https://incredibly-enchanted.tumblr.com/post/162440335815/tays-ri-house-2017