Big ‘ol trigger warnings for suicide, cyber-bullying, unsolicited dick pics, possible kidnapping… This content is not suitable for all audiences; viewer discretion is advised.
To kick off our new series, Taylor Swift Stan Drama, we’re starting things off with one of the most iconic moments that’s ever happened on Stan Twitter: Fady. Last summer, before Folklore was released, a well-known Taylor Swift fan account on Twitter disappeared. It was first reported that he had taken his own life, then later, he was kidnapped. What really happened? In this episode, Kressie utilizes her $30,000+ of debt for an English Literature and Communications degree to research what happened on this monumental week of Stan Twitter history, and attempts to relay her findings to Ali. Things get messy. Let’s dive in!
This is all Twitter fandom drama, so take it with a grain of salt–everything in this story is alleged, as repeatedly said in the episode. Remember, people on the internet lie. There is no such thing as a reliable source in this story, so come to your own conclusions. Tell us what Taylor Swift fandom drama you’d like to hear next!
You can find all of the sources used for this episode at our website, http://www.gfaweekend.com.
Join the Good for a Weekend discussion!
- TikTok (TikTok of instructions on how to send us your rankings for Roast or Read https://www.tiktok.com/@goodforaweekendpodcast/video/6985306508045110534?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1)
- GFAW Hotline: (205) 693-9160
- Twitter thread about Ben: https://twitter.com/almostfuckingdo/status/1275531834898763781
- Fady’s voice memo audio to Riley: https://twitter.com/swiftlyjatan/status/1277657616445919233?s=20
- Fady goes live on Instagram: https://twitter.com/BOGlTHEBEST/status/1277973814656172041
- Screenshots posted below were found by searching key terms “Fady,” “Ben,” and “Riley” on Twitter by restricting the dates to summer 2020. The Wayback machine did not provide helpful archives, so everything is from Twitter. There are no articles written about this.
Screenshots (in order of read):