BY KRESSIE KORNIS
Objective: Name a Taylor song for every letter of the alphabet. There are only 21 letters out of the 26 letters of the alphabet that Taylor has a song for, so you’ll need to call out the specific letters. The goal is to get at least 20 points. You’ll need…
- A Quiz Giver and at least one other Player
- A timer (the one on your phone works)
- A notepad with the following letters written out on it, so you can add tallies next to it
- A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, K, L, M, N, O, P, R, T, U, W, Y
- For each letter, the Player will have 10 seconds to name a Taylor Swift song that starts with the same letter the Quiz Giver calls out. To start the game, the Quiz Giver will start a timer and call out a letter every 10 seconds, without pausing the timer at all.
- The Player will get one point per song named, and they can name as many as they want within the 10 seconds.
- Using a notepad, the Quiz Giver will write a tally next to each letter counting the amount of songs the Player lists. The goal is to get at least 20 points.
- If the Player cannot think of any songs, they must wait the full 10 seconds. There is no “pass,” and the Quiz Giver should not give any hints.
- If a song begins with a word like “A” or “The,” it will count as both letters. For example, the song “A Place in This World” counts for the letter A and the letter P.
Optional: Bonus Round
You can end with a bonus question with song trivia. Here are some bonus question suggestions:
- With each answer being one point each, what two Taylor Songs start with a non-letter?
- Answer: 22 and …Ready For It (Fifteen doesn’t count. Taylor spells that one out)
- With each answer being one point each, what are the three bonus songs from 1989?
- Possible answers: Wonderland, New Romantics, You Are In Love
- How many songs are on the RED Deluxe Edition?
- Answer: 22
- What Taylor Swift song has a remix specifically made for the TV show CSI?
- Answer: You’re Not Sorry (Remix)
- With each answer being one point each, what four Taylor Swift songs were exclusively for a movie and not on any albums?
- Possible answers: Safe and Sound, Eyes Open (Hunger Games), Beautiful Ghosts (CATS), Sweeter than Fiction (One Chance), Today Was A Fairytale (Valentine’s Day), Only The Young (Miss Americana)